The stations and the ships: The scientific research stations provide operational platforms with instrumentation facilities that are continually adapting so that research can be pursued over the long term.
- Adelie Land,in the coastal zone Dumont d’Urville Station and annex station of Cap Prud’homme
- Dome C, on the Antarctic plateau, Concordia Station, Franco-Italian
The convoy supplying Concordia from Cap Prud’homme
- AWIPEV, Franco-German Arctic Station, Svalbard
In Subantarctic Islands
- Kerguelen islands with Port-aux-Français station
- Crozet Archipelago, with Alfred Faure station in the Possession island
- Amsterdam island with Martin-de-Viviès station and Saint-Paul island
The scientific stations offer operational platforms with constantly changing instrumentation to conduct research on the long term.