Ecology, population biology
- Energy-related and hormonal mechanisms involved in the regulation of reproductive effort of Arctic marine birds, capabilities for adaptation to climate changes.
- Long-distance orientation processes of marine birds (case of the Northern fulmar).
- Functioning and adaptation of populations of endemic and introduced aphids in the Arctic environment.
- Life-cycle modifications in planktonic predators in response to climate variations.
- Measurement of absolute gravity: long-term temporal variations in gravity, relationship with ancient and present-day deglaciation.
- Dynamics and thermal structure of the thermosphere from optical-sensor measurements of wind speed and temperature.
- Different forms of mercury in the atmosphere and snow, assessment of annual deposit fluxes and mercury emission on the Arctic snow mantle and of transfer of this mercury to ecosystems during melting.
- Direct and indirect effects of aerosols and clouds in the Arctic region.
- Reactivity of glaciers to contemporary climate fluctuations. Multi-year study of the spatio-temporal dynamics of a polar hydrological system.
- Impact of brackish waters resulting from the formation of sea ice on the hydrodynamic regime of fjords, flow of dense waters at depth.
- Fate of sediment inputs originating from the erosion of glaciers in the coastal environment. Continuous high-resolution high-frequency measurement.